Mar 21, 2011

Khurma/ Shaker para (Sugar coated Square Balls)


 This is a very common sweet dish in northern part of the India. Last year, I went to my mom's place and she made "Khurma" for my kids to tell them about some Indian sweet. I was so surprised they loved a lot and I bookmarked this recipe right at that time. After seven months, I tried this on Holi festival. This recipe come
from my mom's kitchen. Most of my recipes come from my Mom's and my Mom-in-law's kitchen. Both are very great chefs in their kitchen. Khurma is great for casual munching and can be stored for several weeks in air tight container. You can also carry Khurma while you are traveling.



Ingredients:
  • 2-cups all purpose flour
  • 1-stick of butter
  • ½-cup sugar
  • 5-tbs water
Instruction:

  • Melt the butter and mix the flour and make stiff dough.
  • Divide into a big ball and roll into  ½ inch a thick.
  • Cut into a small  square shape and deep fry on medium heat till golden.

  • In pan, put sugar and water together and make one string syrup, now add all the square and mix it continuously.

  • Now  khurma is ready.


10 comments:

  1. wondeful recipe and nice explanation of procedure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy recipe...and perfect explanations with nice pics...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!I agree with Reshmi - love the pictures and stepwise directions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of my dad..he just loves shakarparas..you made them perfectly n great pictorials too ..
    Thanks a lot for linking this to bookmark event ..

    Just one thing dear ..you didn't mention anywhere, how it was bookmarked or what was the source of this recipe. You must indicate this in order to link it to "Bookmarked Recipes - Every Tuesday" event. will appreciate if you please update your post with this info..Thanks again!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I know what I am going to be trying to make today, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi.. first time here and love to see a blog dedicated to deals... following u!!

    ReplyDelete