3-large boiled potatoes
1-tsp salt or as per
1-tbs cilantro (dhaniya pati)
2/3 cup green peas (matar)
1/2 minced or scraped ginger
1/4 tsp garam masala
Red chilly powder to taste or optional
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbs cilantro
Oil for pan frying
- Heat 1 tsp oil in nonstick pan over a low heat. Put cumin seeds , ginger, later on put the peas, garam masala and chilly powder and cover it for 5 min. When it’s ready put some finely chopped cilantro.
- Divide into 10 equal part.
- Peel the potatoes and mash them very finely into smooth mashed potatoes. Add all ingredients and kneed them until properly mixed.
- Divide into 10 equal parts.
- Now wash your hand and dry hands and rub them with little oil.
- Take one part of potato and one part of stuffing and make a ball.
- Taking one at a time, gently flatten each ball into a round patty of about 1/2-inch thick and place a portion of stuffing in the center and fold the edges together very finely so that mixture does not come out.
- Repeat the procedure for all pieces.
- Heat 1tbs oil in non-stick pan. Slip the tikkies in the pan not too many at a time and shallow fry on both sides till golden brown, adidng oil if required on a very low heat.
- Serve allo tikki with green chutney.
Note : Boil potatoes until fork-tender. Preferably, potatoes should be boiled well in advance before use. It would be better if they can be refrigerated for a short time.